Friday, December 14, 2007

The Quiet Forest Free - Form Peyote Bracelet

This bracelet was shown at the Downriver Council on the Arts. It features a bead made by Michigan artitst Andrea Lindell. The wonderful colors that she used in this bead inspired the choice of the quiet, earthy greens and bronzes. As much as I loved this bracelet, I'm happy to say that it was purchased from the DCA Gallery exhibit and I hope whoever has it now enjoys it.

Using Free Form Peyote is like painting with beads. I teach this method at the shop (Stony Creek Bead) and use it frequently in my personal jewelry pieces.

I like to use unusual buttons for clasps. While it doesn't show in this picture, this button is different because it doesn't have a shank. Instead, it has a clip that was meant to slide into two button holes, one on each edge of the front of a shirt or blouse. Back in the day of Mangel pressing machines, it was much easier to get wrinkle-free clothing without buttons getting in the way. I found a bag of these buttons at an antique shop.

No comments: